I was tagged by Cris a long long time ago. When I finished this a week back, I had actually sat down to write about the the Mumbai terrorist attack. But sense of weariness overcame me, and I was left asking myself, 'What's the point?' Ergo, this tag. However, love seemed like an inconsequential (even vulgar) thing to post about when the country was going through hell. Now seems to be a better time to post this one than yesterday, or the day before.
RULE #1 People who have been tagged must write their answers on their blogs and replace any question that they dislike with a new question formulated by themselves. (I'm not going to replace any, though)
RULE #2 Tag 6 people to do this quiz and those who are tagged cannot refuse. These people must state who they were tagged by and cannot tag the person whom they were tagged by. Continue this game by sending it to other people.
1. If your lover betrayed you what would your reaction be?
After the betrayal, would there be any point in reacting? Obviously I'll be hurt, and will want to convey that to her. But I'm not sure in what way. I'm also not sure whether I'll be able to forgive or trust her after that. I think it will depend on the exact nature of 'betrayal'. It's better to deal with each of those acts on a case-to-case basis rather than generalize. And I hope I won't have to deal with too many such cases.
2. What’s it that you see in an ideal partner?
An ideal partner would be sensible (probably because I'm scared of having to spend my life with an unreasonable person). She would also be a confident individual, not afraid to take her own decisions. But most importantly, an ideal partner would be a person with whom I'll feel confident of making everything work out together. In short, somebody like Penelope Cruz or Salma Hayek.
3. What, according to you, is the perfect date?
A perfect date is one which you hope will never end.
4. Would you like to have children soon enough? Or would you wait till your mid-thirties for the first child?
Frankly, I don't have a preference in this matter. I will leave it to my partner to decide on when to have kids. I'm ok with anything, except that I wouldn't want kids within the first 2 years of us getting together.
5. Will you fall in love with your best friend?
Assuming that my best friend is a girl, I don't see any reason why I shouldn't fall in love with my best friend.
6. Which is more blessed: loving someone or being loved by someone?
Being loved by someone.
7. How long do you intend to wait for someone you love?
Until it becomes clear to me that the person I love doesn't love me and won't be able to love me.
8. If the person you secretly like is attached, what will you do?
Forget about it and move on.
9. If you could root for one social cause, what would it be?
Education for all.
10. Do you lie?
11. Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
In even deeper shit than I'm in now. But during these 10 years I'll learn to handle it better than I do now. That skill will help me a lot when my kid(s) accuse me of being a stupid jerk, my wife says I'm an insensitive bastard and my subordinates at work think I'm an asshole.
12. What’s your fear?
- Terrorist attacks (related to point #1).
13. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?
From what I understand through her blog, the following:
- no pretenses
- courageous, for choosing to do what she really wants to do.
14. Would you rather be single and rich or married and poor?
In other words: What is more important to you? Money or a nagging wife with a couple of pesky kids to boot. Money can't be that important, right? I think I'll settle for the nagging wife and pesky kids.
15. If you fall in love with two people simultaneously who will you pick?
The one who has fallen in love with me.
16. Would you give all in a relationship?
Yes. There's no other way in a relationship. Not that I'd know for sure, though.
17. Would you forgive and forget someone no matter how horrible a thing he has done?
Refer Q.1. Case-by-case consideration. Obviously, some people I like very much will have to do a lot of horrible things to be not forgiven.
18. Do you prefer being single or in a relationship?
In the absence of experience in the latter, I can only guess. As of now, I'd prefer to be in a relationship - at least to know what that whole thing feels like. Maybe because the grass always looks greener on the other side.
19. Your all time favourite song. Only ONE. And why?
At the risk of repeating myself over and over (I don't know how many times I've mentioned this on this blog): Ambalapuzhe Unnikannanodu Nee. Do I even need to explain?
I now choose thee to carry on this onerous task:
Sid, because you are tag hunting
Badri, because you 'spilled the beans'
because in spite of you wanting to sleep with Tendulkar (hence proving that you know nothing about love)
Anupama, because you blog about weighty and esoteric matters like love.